1. Preheat the oven at 185C or 325°F. Grease two small loaf pans or one regular size.
2. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, chia seeds, desiccated coconut and salt.
3. In a separate which can be the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the sugar and the 4 eggs. Beat until it becomes a light and fluffy mixture. This should be done at a medium speed for about 4-5 minutes.
4. While still mixing, add the oil little by little or pouring it in continuously until all is in.
5. Add the mashed bananas and mix at low speed for 30 seconds, just enough to incorporate these.
6. Using a spatula, fold in the flour mixture gently. Add the chopped and toasted pecans.
7. Pour the batter into the already prepared loaf pans. Peel one banana and cut into two lengthwise. Add on top.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes or so until golden brown. Use a wooden skewer to make sure it’s done.
9. When ready, take out of the oven. Allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes and then take out and cool completely, ideally this should be done on a wire rack.
10. Can be served warm or cold with a nice dollop of creme fraîche, ice cream or a nice Greek yoghurt. Enjoy!
What’s good with banana cake or loaf is that it’s so versatile you can add different flavours to this wonderful base and this is one of the best variations that I had tried the Banana, Apple and Cranberry Loaf
The first recipe I tried from the book had to be this Banana Chocolate Chip Loaf, not only because I had ripe bananas and all the other ingredients to hand but as you know I can’t resist trying out new banana loaf recipes
Slice the banana, toss in the lemon juice and arrange around the edge of the cheesecake. I decided to make another summer dish I have not made in sometime and to be truthful I don't know why because it is a epic dish, the combination of Banana's,Coconutand Chocolate is like a classic film about to win the Palme d'or if you get my meaning
You may find that you need to make extra caramelised pecans – they’re delicious. This meant two things – I needed to make something that would last well for a couple of days and that wouldn’t take too much time and effort