chilled butter, cut into small pieces
heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, stir together the blackberries, brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla, cardamom and orange peel over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until juice is released from blackberries and mixture is hot and bubbly, approximately 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water. Slowly add the berry mixture, stirring to combine. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter. Combine with fingertips until crumbly. Add cream and stir together gently until biscuit like dough forms.
5. Tear dough into 3-inch round pieces: arrange over berries. Sprinkle with sanding sugar.
6. Bake until topping is lightly browned, 30 minutes.
I just love cobbler and this is my go to recipe. Makes a 9 inch square cobbler. 1 1/2 cups blackberry preserves ( can use 1 cup to cut back on sugar). 1 1/2 cups blackberry preserves ( can use 1 cup to cut back on sugar)