basil (fresh) roughly chopped, and a few for decoration
pine nuts keep a few to sprinkle over at the end
garlic (grated for ease)
himalayan salt (pink)
pepper (freshly ground)
parmesan (shredded) leave some aside for serving
red chili flakes (optional) for serving
few basil leaves to decorate
1. Preheat the oven at 200 C.
2. In an oven tray place the washed, dried and halved cherry tomatoes (place the cut side up). Drizzle some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Boil the chicken in a pan with a little salt for about 30 minutes (15 min in pressure cooker). Take out and place in an oven tray and bake for about 10 min to get some nice golden color.
4. Place a pan on stove and using the water that chicken cooked in cook the pasta as directed on the package. When ready, take out in a sieve and drain, maybe holding on to a little water for the pasta later.
5. While pasta cooks and the tomatoes and chicken bake nicely, take out your food processor and place in almost all of the pesto sauce ingredients (basil, pine nuts, grated garlic salt, pepper). Give them a few good old pulses then add oil little by little (spoon by spoon), whizz a little further until it all becomes a smoother paste/sauce. When you are happy with the texture, add the parmesan cheese and let it whizz for a minute longer.
6. In a larger bowl, toss the pesto sauce with the pasta together. Add the retained chicken/pasta water so it does not feel dry.
7. Shred the chicken and add to the pasta along with the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle some parmesan and the chilly flakes (optional) and serve.
Half an hour into baking the chicken, you can prepare the potatoes and add them to the oven. A delicious and juicy roast chicken served with perfectly roasted potatoes and an easy garlic sauce that’s to die for