Chicken with garlic, vegetable tomato sauce and polenta
Rate this recipe!
Overall rating 00 ratings
For the chicken
legs skin removed (optional)
For the tomato sauce
diced or sliced
parsley fresh chopped roughly
salt I used Himalayan pink
tomato paste or 1 can of chopped tomato
For the polenta
rosemary dry or fresh
creme fraiche to serve
Cook the chicken:
1. Cook (covered) the chicken legs thoroughly into a frying pan or a skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle some water from time to time and when the chicken is almost cooked add half a glass of white wine and one or two crushed and finely chopped garlic cloves. Reduce all juices until it begins to sizzle. Brown slightly on both sides. Set aside. This should take about 20-25 min (depending on the legs size).
Making the tomato and vegetable sauce:
1. While chicken is cooking, cut the onions into halves and then make it rings, strips, however you like. I cut them into half rings by cutting the onion into two and then slice it. Cook in a pan with a little salt and pepper for about 5-7 min over medium heat. Drizzle some water from time to time so this remains nice and soft rather than caramelize.
2. Add the carrot, parsnip, 1 bay leaf, white wine and cook (covered) for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomato paste and a drizzle of water if needed. Cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the polenta :
1. Add 1 l water to a larger saucepan. Add a teaspoon of salt and the dry or fresh rosemary. Bring to boil. Allow the water and herbs to boil for 1 minute then remove the rosemary needles. I usually use a sprig as it gets easier to remove.
2. Add the cornmeal with one hand while whisking with the other. Whisk continuously for a minute to avoid any lumps formation.
3. Cook for 20-25 minutes stirring every now and then. It will form a crust, do not worry that’s how it should do.
4. When ready simply dish out on plates with the help of a serving spoon.
5. Dish out the chicken along with the tomato sauce and serve with a dollop of creme fraiche.
Summertime Pasta withChickenandTomatoesRoasted Garlic, Goat Cheese, andTomato PastaRavioli withChickenand Asparagus in a Creamy Goat Cheese…Lemon Goat Cheese Pasta with Rotisserie ChickenRoasted Red Pepper, Herb and Goat Cheese PastaShare this
While it cooks, sprinkle the uncooked sides of the chickenwith paprika and Italian seasoning. Reduce heat to medium, flip chicken over again and cook, covered, for several minutes until no longer pink in the center
Serve with Noodles or Rice. Add beef and cornstarch mixture. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) of the cornstarch, ginger and water. In small bowl, stir remaining cornstarch, black-bean-and-garlicsauce, hot pepper sauceand 3/4 cup (175 mL) water. stir-fry onion, garlic, carrot, celery and water chestnuts until tender-crisp, 2 minutes. In saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) water to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until tender, about 20 minutes
Saute the onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, and Italian Seasoning until the onions are soft. The idea for this Grilled Chickenand Pasta with a Creamy TomatoSauce all started with a recipe I read on the back of a pasta box