croissant pastry I used just roll ready-made croissant dough
apples sliced and cooked
icing sugar powder sugar
pomegranate seeds or any other fresh fruits
sugar extra to sprinkle over (optional)
1.Preheat the oven at 180C/350F and lightly grease a skillet or an ovenproof dish.
2. In a pan, cook the sliced apples with the sugar over medium fire until the sugar has completely dissolved. It will take approximately 5-6 min. Add the cinnamon, mix and set aside to cool.
3. While the apples are cooling off, cut the pastry lengthwise into 2cm or approx 1 inch thinck strips.
4. Arrange the pastry strips into a circular pattern.
5. Insert apple slices in between the pastry strips allowing some distance in between each slice (see picture) Drizzle the juices from cooking the apples over if any.
6. If you like it sweeter, sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons extra sugar over as apples aren't too sweet so there is room for extra sweetness if you like that.
7. Place the cinnamon roll apple pie into the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 min until it turns nice and golden brown. Place in the middle of the oven and if you have an oven that it is not fan assisted, you may need to bake it a little extra. Just keep it in until you are satisfied with its colour.
8. When ready, take it out and serve pretty much immediately with your topping choice.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Line a baking sheet with parchment paper In a bowl, combine brown sugar and applepie spice (recipe above) In a small pan, melt butter and remove from heat Add apple slices to coat Spread out crescent rolls on parchment paper Evenly distribute the brown sugar/applepie spice mixture Place apple slice on wide side and roll Brush excess butter on each applepieroll and sprinkle with applepie spice Cook 10-12 minutes or until crescent rolls are light brown Serve 375 degrees