Curried Brussels sprouts with chicken and cavolo Nero
Rate this recipe!
Overall rating 00 ratings
bacon (gammon or sausages)
Cavolo Nero (halved)
curry powder (mild)
coconut oil (or olive oil)
1. Clean, wash and chop the cavolo Nero, clean, wash and half the really large Brussels sprouts.
2. In a pan, bring water to boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Boil for about 4 minutes. Set aside.
3. Place a deep frying pan/wok style on medium fire. Add the coconut oil along with the tiny chopped chicken and bacon/gammon/sausages. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients appart from the cavolo Nero leaves and the tomatoes, so, sprinkle some salt to taste, grind some pepper, the curry powder, chilli flakes, chopped garlic, chickpeas and cook for a further 3 min tossing occasionally.
5. Add the shredded cavolo Nero leaves and the halved tomatoes and cook for 3-4 min giving it a little tossing every now and again. You can cook for slightly longer but I like my leaves crunchy.
6. Remove from heat when ready and serve as soon as, so.... hot ?
Chickenwith Roasted Brussel Sproutsand Mustard Sauce along with Roasted Potatoes and Carrots. If anybody ever tries to mug me after grocery shopping I could always just whip out my vegetable club and defend myself with it… “Fear the power of the sprouts
Brusselssprouts tossed in a light maple syrup and balsamic dressing pair marvelously with sweet, freshly cooked cranberries, and a bed of creamy leftover barley is the perfect final resting place for mes petits chou choux
Add prosciutto with oil to sprouts mixture, tossing to combine. Add brusselssprouts, tossing to coat. In large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice, mustard, anchovy paste, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and pepper
As the super talented Maria Midões challenged us to work together with asian recipes this month, I couldn't waste the opportunity to present this recipe to Maria and, maybe (who knows), be lucky enough to see the recipe reproduced and styled by Maria herself