or loins cod approx 4 ounces (120g each)
juice to season the fish
tomato sauce I used Marinara sauce
leek finely chopped
bell peppers (mixed colors) sliced
capers I used marinated ones
garlic freshly grated or finely chopped
maple syrup or brown sugar (optional)
black pepper freshly ground
⅔ teaspoon salt Himalayan or kosher
thyme freshly chopped or dried
fresh parsley or any herb you may like
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C.
2. Season well the fish fillets with salt, pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, add some coconut or olive oil, place on medium fire. Add the chopped leek, the garlic with a pinch o salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 min.
4. Add the shredded peppers and cook (covered) for 3-4 min until slightly softened.
5. Add the tomato sauce and the fresh herbs (leave a little to sprinkle at the end) the capers.
6. Nestle the cod fillets into the tomato sauce and transfer the dish to the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 mins uncovered.
7. When ready, take the skillet out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining herbs on top and season with black pepper and some chili flakes if you fancy ;-).
8. Serve with rice, potatoes (wedges or mashed) or with salad leaves on the side. Enjoy!
I really stepped out of my dinner comfort zone with this recipe and the results were surprising. -Place the cod fillets over the tomatoes and avocados and spoon or pour the garlic and shallot mixture over each fillet
So, if you’re not in Lisbon and you’re staring at a portion of cod then it’s possible you just walked out of a chip shop and the fish is encased in a jacket of beer batter, now don’t get me wrong…from the right chip shop this is the stuff of legend but there are other celebrations of the mighty Cod and this is just one – a simple Portuguese style bakedcod fish with capers
Recipe Type. Fresh cod fillets with breadcrumbs and herbs baked in oven. Ingredients2 pounds(960 g) fresh cod fillets,skinless and boneless6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oilfreshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon1/2 cup(125 ml) dry white wine3 garlic cloves,peeled and crushed1/2 cup(125g) dry breadcrumbszest of 1 lemon1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley,chopped1/2 teaspoon dried oregano1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakeslemon slices,for serving. Step 2Lightly rub cod fillets with a salt on both sides. Step 6Top cod fillets with breadcrumbs mixture. Step 8Serve bakedcod fillets with fresh lemon slices. breadcrumbs, cod fillets, dry white wine, garlic, lemon, olive oil, oregano, parsley, red pepper 2 pounds
Print the BakedCodrecipe. Bakedcod is a favored dish on restaurant menus in the Northeast. With this in mind, I wasn't surprised to see that while the cod in my grocer's case was from the United States it was from the Pacific and not the Atlantic