1. Preheat the oven at 190 C and prepare two oven dishes. One for the base (approx 20 cm) to be baked in and the second to bake all the vegetables that will be used in the filling or topping, however you want to call it. i will call it filling only because there will be an extra topping which is the feta cheese.
2. Try and prepare base and filling at the same time so they can simultaneously go in the oven otherwise the cooking time will differ. So, wash, peel and chop all the veggies that go into the filling (onion, pepper, courgette, leek and broccoli). Put all in prepared tray and drizzle the olive oil. Wash, peel and, in a larger bowl, grate (on big holes) the sweet potato and the carrot(s).
3. Prepare the base by adding an egg and the remainder of the ingredients (salt, pepper, the dry and fresh herbs to the grated sweet potato and the carrot. Mix well and spread this in the oven dish lined with parchment paper. Make sure it is evenly spread and form some edges.
4. Place both the filling and the base in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25' at 200 C.
5. Meanwhile in a bowl, beat the 2 eggs, add the creme fraîche, the salt, pepper and the grated cheddar cheese.
6. When baking is finished take both out.
7. Place the filling baked vegetables on to the base by spreading them around evenly.
8. Pour the egg mix over the veggies.
9. Sprinkle the feta cheese over and place back into the oven. Bake further at 190 C for approximately 15 minutes.
10. When ready, take out and serve.
Add the olive oil, flour and salt, with a fork mix till dough starts to come together. On a lightly floured surface remove dough from the bowl and knead until dough is smooth and elastic approximately 10 minutes (if dough is really sticky add a little extra flour). Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a folded up tablecloth (tea towels are too small), leave in a warm draft- free place till doubled in bulk, approximately 1-2 hours. Punch dough down a few times and divide into pizza pans, without rolling it out, let it sit for 10 minutes, then roll. **At this point, dough can also be refrigerated, place in plastic bag, remove air and tie securley up to 24 hours
Add wet ingredients and work the dough with your hands until mixed thoroughly. I had developed this recipe for a gluten free vegan Italian pizza crust right before our raw vegan challenge and it was one of the last things we ate before the challenge
2 Broke Vegans – Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes On A Budget