flour use strong white or cake flour if you have
fresh yeast 1 sachet of dry yeast will be great too
sugar cane – unrefined
butter room temperature or melted
salt* only if using unsalted butter
egg lightly beaten (keep 3-4 tbsp to egg wash the buns
icing sugar to dust over
lemon and orange zest or rind
For the filling
jam best to use homemade
mixed nuts chopped and toasted
1. In a larger bowl add the two types of flour, chia seeds and the salt and combine them slightly. Make a well in the centre, add the eggs (keep some aside for egg wash) the lemon and the orange rind/zest and set aside.
2. In a mug, mix the yeast into 100 ml warm milk, with the 4 tbsp sugar. Mix well until the yeast and the sugar dissolves completely. Pout this mixture into the well and allow it 10-15 min to rest until it begins to bubble.
3. Knead the dough by mixing the remainder of the milk, the room temperature or melted butter. Knead until your hand ends up being clean from any dough which initially is very sticky.
4. Make the dough into a ball and allow it to rest covered with a towel into a bowl until it doubles or trebles in size.
5. On a lightly floured or greased surface, roll the dough into one or two rectangles. I have made two as I wanted to use two types of jam.
6. Spread the jam with the back of a spoon into an even layer, sprinkle the toasted nuts and some chia seeds.
7. Roll, cut into rolls of approximately 1 inch or 2.5 cm thick and place those into a greased skillet with little space in between. See pictures above.
8. Heat the oven at 185°C /375 F.
9. Allow the buns to rise again while the oven heats up, for about 10-15 mins.
10. Egg wash the buns with the lightly bitten egg and place the buns in the oven. Bake them for approximately 30-35 minutes (if the oven is fan assisted) or a little longer, until nice and light brown in colour.
How about an EasyHomemade Strawberry Jam Recipe with these ruby red gorgeous beauties. Related PostsEasy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe | Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe Microwave | How to make Chocolate Dipped Strawberries at home | Valentines Day Celebration IdeasFennel Citrus Salad with Minted Strawberries & Kiwi – Spring Fruit SaladStrawberry Coconut Burfi With Khoya | Strawberry Coconut Fudge | Holi RecipesBanana Whole Wheat Sweet DosaMixed Sprouts Dosa Using Idli Dosa BatterGingered Plum Blueberry smoothie
Sprinkle withcinnamon and chocolate chips. I also just met with a local organization after our Bake It Foward video I shared on Sunday, and we are going to host a local pay it forward event with the kids and families in the area