Cocoa Powder ( For Chocolate muffins)
1. If you have Plain flour,adding cornstarch to maida makes it a Cake flour. To 1 1/2 Cup Plain Flour/ Maida add 1 1/2 Spoon Corn starch and mix it well.
2.Now Add Baking Powder,Baking Soda and pinch of salt and whisk it well. If you see small granules of soda then better sieve all ingredients properly.
3. Now in a separate Bowl mix all wet ingredients ---- Sugar + Yogurt/ Curd+Oil, Combine all together with help of Spatula till sugar dissolves nicely. Add Vanilla Extract and mix it well.
4. Now gently fold in dry ingredients into wet one. Fold in gently with help of spatula or a whisk.
5.Use little warm milk, if it's difficult to mix. Use less liquid ,as it is eggless, so dough should be thick, if we keep it flowing then muffins tend to sink when we bring out of oven. So to resolve that issue keep the batter thick.
6. Preheat the oven at this point. I use silicone cups as they can be stacked together and takes less space. We can directly grease them and fill the batter but I had used cupcake liners this time.
7. I like to put chocolate chips in few muffins, so not added in the batter earlier. Now with help of an ice- cream scoop fill till 3/4 of a cup. Add few more choco chips on top. I filled 5 vanilla cups.
8. To make Chocolate muffins ---- Now in remaining batter sieve Cocoa powder(unsweetened) so there are no lumps in it.
9. Gently mix Cocoa powder with help of a spatula. Scoop out the yummy chocolaty batter in silicone cups and top it with more choco chips.
10. Ensure the oven is preheated properly. Set the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C, bake for 18 minutes approx., keep an eye after 15 minutes, as heating of oven differs.
11. It took 18 minutes to bake my fluffy moist 12 muffins. Check with a toothpick in the center if it comes out clean, it's done.
12. Give it a sitting time of 5 minutes in oven because sometimes I have observed that if we take them out immediately, they tend to sink down.
Healthy Eggless Oats, Spinach and Feta Muffins. (Check out my Chocolate Chip Cornmeal Muffins) All you need to do is mix all the dry ingredients in one, wet in another and then mix the two together without over beating and bake