Gnocchi with buffalo mozzarella and whole cherry tomatoes sauce
Rate this recipe!
Overall rating 51 ratings
buffalo mozzarella cheese
italian herbs (mixed)
red chili flakes
cherry tomato and basil sauce (whole) *
tomato sauce (like pasatta)
onion (finely chopped, or grated)
garlic crushed and finely chopped
cane sugar (unrefined) (or 1 tbsp of honey)
tomato (tiny little ones)
basil (fresh) (to garnish)
1. If you want to make your own tomato sauce, start by putting a pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, crushed garlic, onion and salt. Cook for 10 min. Add few drops of water from time to time until onion is quite nice and soft. After the 10 min or so of cooking the onion add the tomato sauce, the Worcester sauce, the sugar or honey and the herbs. Cook on low heat for 10-12 min until it reduces down quite well. It really depends on how thick or watery this is. In the last 3-4 min of cooking, add the cherry tomatoes.
2. While sauce simmers down, place a pan over medium heat with water and a bit of salt. Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions but they need no longer than 3 min.
3. Flake the buffalo mozzarella cheese and set aside on a plate.
4. Place the boiled gnocchi in a frying pan over a medium heat with a tiny knob of butter. Cook for 2 min tossing regularly so that they don't stick.
5. Remove the gnocchi pasta from the pan and place on the serving dish.
6. If you wish to eat this hot sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over followed by the tomato sauce. Sprinkle some chilli flakes and the Italian mixed herbs over.
7. Garnish with some fresh basil leaves and serve. Simple and beautiful. The taste..oh!!... coming straight from heaven.
Anyhow getting back to the gnocchi, I had gnocchi there with pesto, radish, asparagus and pine nuts, and I am telling you it was so good that, this year when I was in Karuizawa, I went to the same restaurant and had the same dish
Roast Pork Loin Stuffed with Sun-Dried TomatoesandMozzarella Cheese is a delicious roast that is made by creating deep pockets in the meat and then stuffing them with a sun-dried tomato andmozzarella mixture that is bursting with fresh Italian flavor
Tomato Orange SoupRoasted Garlic Chicken Lime SoupPasta with Prosciutto and Arugula in a Lemon-Infused White Wine SauceCouscous Salad with Oranges, Mint, Parsley & AlmondsParsleyParsley Tuna SaladMediterranean Tuna and White Bean SaladSavory Tomato and Thyme SalmonBulgur Salad with Fresh Herbs and Lemon INGREDIENTS