1. In a medium sized bowl beat the eggs with the egg whites, the milk/double cream, the cheese (ricotta or Philadelphia) and the salt and pepper to taste. Beat this for a good minute or two until the cheese gets pretty homogenised although you might see little lumps but that's perfectly okay. You could add half of the chopped chives too.
2. Cut the croissants in half (lengthways) but not all the way to the other side so they'll be like nice pockets holding the scrambled eggs in.
3. Place a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter or the coconut oil.
4. Add the egg mixture and cook on medium heat stirring while the eggs begins to scramble. Carry on this for a good 4 minutes or more depending on how you like your scrambled eggs.
5. Arrange the croissants on plates and begin to spoon in the scrumbled eggs.
6. Scatter the remaining chives and serve.
One of his quirks is that he absolutely cannot eat eggs without potatoes. My husband is shoveling out my truck because, although a snow storm was hitting during the night, I forgot to not park it in the street before we called it a day