2. In a large bowl sift together the flour and the salt. Whisk in the poppy seeds and set aside.
3. In a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter until smooth. Pour in the sugar and mix until well incorporated. Add the egg yolks and vanilla. Mix well.
4. With the electric mixer speed at low, add the dry ingredients until well combined together. Do not overmix.
5. Roll the dough into small balls and place them 2 inches apart on a parchment line cookie sheet. Using a wooden spoon with a rounded handle no wider than ½ inch, make a deep indentation with the tip of the handle in the center of the cookie.
6. Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and re-press each indentation if needed it. Then fill the center with the raspberry preserve using a small spoon. Do not over fill it as it will run over.
7. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
Poppyseeds does nothing to the flavour, I guess this cookie could be the one to neutralize all those pineapple tarts, filthy rich chocolate, peanut cookies and what so ever that will be on the table during CNY
Process all ingredients in a food processor into a chunky mixture. Line a small (6 inch x 6 inch), square glass dish with clear wrap, pressing the mixture down evenly into the dish with enough wrap hanging over the sides