2. Butter and flour a 10” removable bottom tart pan. Roll the pie shell over the tart pan, bringing the edges of the pastry up to expend slightly beyond the pad edges. Prick it all over and cook in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove and let it cool off.
3. Meanwhile bring to a boil a saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon. Once the water returns to a boil, cook the bacon for 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the bacon with a small amount of butter until very lightly browned. Spread the bacon strips over the pastry crust.
5. Beat the 4 eggs lightly and mix in the heavy cream. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Pour the custard mixture over the bacon. Carefully leaving at least ¼ of space between the custard and the top ridge of the pan.
6. Bake the quiche for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
I learned something new this week--QuicheLorraine is very simple and very good. I do love quiches with cheese and veggies in the custard, but something about this very basic combination is just wonderful
This recipe is actually the mini version of my Healthiche Quiche recipe. 20 mini quiches. Top each mini quiche with 1 halved cherry tomato, pushing it a little bit in so that it lies flat on the quiche. 20 mini quiches
Press dough into a greased ovenproof quiche tin. Pour the beaten egg and cream mixture over the top of the quiche and bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees celcius for 15 to 20 minutes until the top is set and the crust is evenly browned