Seared sea scallops with garlic, sun dried tomatoes and olive compote.
Rate this recipe!
Overall rating 51 ratings
garlic cloves marinated in olive oil
Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped coarsely
sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
chopped fresh basil
sea scallops – 1 pound – side muscle removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
chopped fresh Italian flat leaves parsley
1. In a medium size bowl add the roasted garlic, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, shallot basil and balsamic vinegar. Mix all the ingredients gently to not break the tender garlic.
Season with salt and pepper.
2. Allow all the ingredients to meld together for at least 15 minutes before serving. (Can be refrigerated for a couple of days, bring to room temperature before serving)
3. Pat the scallops dry and season them well with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
4. Add the scallops to the pan placing them in a circular clockwise format leaving the center empty. Cook without moving them for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn them over with thongs and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the scallops to cook in the pan for another minute.
Add additional olive oil to the compote if it looks dry. Spoon some of the compote on each plate. Arrange the seared scallops on top and sprinkle with the parsley.
Seasonwith salt and pepper. Once rolled, transfer the roulade onto a plate, seam side down. Put a piece of baking paper bigger than the roulade over a work surface and sprinkle evenly with grated parmesan cheese
One of the first things I learned when I was studying Holistic Nutrition and Medicine in school, was about inflammation in the body and all the diseases, it can potentially cause in the body, such as premature aging, heart disease, ADD/ADHD, stroke, migraines, thyroids, neurological disorders and even cancer
Seasonwith salt and pepper. Pasta withTomatoes, Garlic andOlives. Part of this post includes a sit-down interview with my husband where I asked him a few questions about my job, and I will share his answers with you