1. Preheat the oven at 190°C or 375°F.
2. Start by seasoning the chicken well on both sides and fry in a large skillet on both sides together with the potatoes. I keep skin on for both chicken and potatoes.
3. Cook the chicken for about 3-4 min on each side and toss the potatoes. Add the diced pepper and cook for an extra minute or two.
4. In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 pinch of long pepper powder, 1 pinch of red chilli flakes, the crushed and chopped garlic, 2/3 of the parsley, finely chopped, fresh thyme, the tomato paste , the 200 ml white wine
5. 100 ml stock (chicken or vegetable), the pesto sauce and the salt. Mix well until the tomato paste has dissolved.
6. Add the liquid mixture to the chicken, stir a little and place this in a the preheated oven.
7. Bake for 40 minutes until the juices have reduced and the chicken has browned beautifully.
8. Serve with some nice crusty sourdough or rice.
Meanwhile, heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Slice the chickenand top with freshly squeezed lemon juice, parmesan cheese, or like I did, leftover mushroom cream sauce
Pan fried chickenand mushrooms simmered in a simple, quick and easy creamy white wine Béchamel sauce on a Sunday night in front of trash TV while everyone is on their way home, ravishing in hunger, complaining they’re starving as if they haven’t eaten anything in their lives
olive oil. Remove the chicken from the bone and put onto serving plates - pour over the sauce. You will need a casserole dish large enough for the chicken to sit on top of all the vegetables and pineapple