1. Peel, wash and prepare all ingredients.
2. Chop, shred or dice all according to how you wish the salad to look.
3. In a larger bowl, throw in the canned tuna and with a fork just break the fish chunks into smaller pieces.
4. Add the chopped veggies to the tuna and mix well. Sprinkle the salt and the pepper and mix again.
5. In a little bowl mix all vinaigrette ingredients, the 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, mayonnaise, 1 tbsp olive oil and the lemon juice from 1/2 lemon. Give these a nice energetic whisk and set aside.
6. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and mix well until all veggies are nicely coated.
Stir in cheese, peas, celery and basil, AND tuna and peppers. Pour salad dressing over pasta mixture. To serve, stir in a few tablespoons additional salad dressing, if necessary, to moisten pasta mixture
2 cans tuna, drained. 8 eggs, hard boiled, 6 diced and 2 sliced 2 cans tuna, drained. My second son, The Thinker was sitting at the table, eating a late night snack while he, my husband and I watched a movie (we have a big great room type layout which allows for eating and watching)