1. Heat water in a pan and keep the can of condensed milk in it for 3 hours.
2. In a separate bowl, add butter, icing sugar & flour, combine it and knead it into a dough.
3. Wrap the dough using a plastic wrap and chill it for about 30 mins.
4. Once that is done, grease a tart ring with butter and keep.
5. Remove the dough from the wrap and roll it flat.
6. Place the flattened dough in the tart ring using a rolling pin. In the tart ring, push the tart so that it takes the shape of the ring.
7. Using a knife remove the excess dough and with a fork make holes in the dough.
8. Next, chill it for 20 mins in a freezer and blind-bake it for 180 deg C for 25 mins.
9. Once everything is ready, add the condensed milk into the tart and spread it evenly.
10. Then add the bananas & whipped cream and spread it.
11. Lastly, top it with some chocolate shavings and serve!
Plus, the homemade one is not easy to make (and I think it's too sweet for my taste too). There are a load of banoffeepie recipes, and many of them using dulce de leche, that's not easy to buy in some place
Set aside Take the pie dough and roll it into a 10-12 inch circle with rolling pin Brusch about 4 tbsp of dulce de leche or hazelnutbutter, jam or marmalade in the middle of the pie dough. Leave about 1 inch free of the edge Start a circle of apple slices an repeat until the whole pie is filled with slice Preheat the oven at 400F/200C Fold the edge of the dough over the apples as the crust Brush the crust with water. Sprinkle the sugar across the pie Bake for 35-40 minutes in the oven Server immediately