1. Mince the gherkins and pickled onions and mix it with mayonnaise and crushed garlic.
2. Grate the potato and onion and mix them together.
3. Preheat some oil in a pan on medium heat, shape the potato and onion mix in two thin pancakes and fry them until golden brown on both sides.
4. Form two patties out of the mince and cook as you prefer.
5. Slice into thin stripes the dry cured meat.
6. Toast the buns.
7. Melt the Raclette cheese and build the burger (from bottom to top):
a. Bottom bun
d. Potato-onion pancake
f. Hot melted Raclette cheese
g. Dry cured meat
i. Top bun
Whenever it was burger night during the summer, my parents ceded grill duty to me. Being the budding epicure that I was at the time, I’d practice meticulous grilling techniques, making sure the charcoals burned just the right amount of time to avoid flare-ups
Though the name might sound complicated, the recipe is actually simple. According to Wikipedia,' Gratin' is a popular technique in which the ingredients are topped with cheese, eggs or breadcrumbs and baked till browned
This Burger Seasoning Blend is my go-to seasoning for making the best burger patty recipe. By making my own seasoning blends I can control how much salt goes in to each blend and I know that the spices and herbs are fresh