Three grains, mushrooms with fresh herbs and onion squash bateau
Rate this recipe!
Overall rating 00 ratings
squash organic *
mushrooms divided into half
short grain brown rice organic cooked
long grain rice boiled
red and black quinoa cooked
bunch freshly picked herbs *
dudhi finely diced *
red peppers finely diced
good drizzle Tabasco sauce (optional)
thyme infused balsamic vinegar * or lemon juice or both
1. Boil or steam quinoa and the rices and bake the squash* if not cooked or baked already. I’ve had these from the night before.
2. Chop half of the mushroom quantity into thin slices the remaining half pulse in a food processor until they become like a small rice grains or couscous size.
3. Place a slightly deeper pan on medium fire, add 1/2 of the coconut oil and brown slightly the mushroom slices. When ready, take out on a plate and set aside.
4. In the same pan add the other half of the coconut oil, the diced dudhi, the celery and cook for about 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the peppers and the riced mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes stirring every so often.
5. Add the rices and the quinoa mix well for 3 minutes. Mix in the finely chopped herbs along with cooked mushroom slices and mix well for 1-2 minutes stirring almost constantly. Turn off the heat, spoon this into the squash boats and serve.