– 100 g organic quinoa (my preference goes for the multi-color version)
– 2 celery ribs
– 1 or 2 crunchy organic apples, whichever you like best
– ½ lemon
– 2 TBSP cashew butter, preferably pure cashew butter, meaning with no added oil; it will substitute for the creamy touch of the mayonnaise
– 1 non-dairy yogurt (about 100 ml, or 3.5 oz) of your choice. In France I use soy yogurt but in the U.S. my daughter would probably use coconut yogurt. Just make sure there are no suspicious ingredients in what you buy – unless of course you make it yourself
1. Rinse and drain quinoa several times. This operation removes the bitterness of the grain. Cook washed quinoa in a large amount of boiling water, about 12 minutes. You know it is cooked when the germs pop out of the grains. Drain immediately to prevent overcooking.
2. Chop celery ribs and apples. Squeeze lemon over vegetables and fruit to prevent browning.
3. In a small bowl, thin cashew butter with 2 TBSP water. Consistency will seem harder at first but then it will eventually relax under your tender loving care! Mix in non-dairy yogurt. Your dressing is ready.
4. Assemble all the ingredients: quinoa, celery, apples, creamy dressing, and walnuts, salt (and pepper) to taste, mix well and enjoy! (This is making me hungry just typing it, I swear!)
Serve immediately with glutenfree corn chips. 2/3 cup reduced fat or light sour cream1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped4 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice1-2 Tablespoons minced Chipotle chile canned in adobo sauce*1 teaspoon ground cumin1 teaspoon chili powder1/4 teaspoon salt*San Marcos and La Costena brand are glutenfree-Check product labels to make sure the recipe hasn't changed
If you love bread you'll love these GlutenFree Egg Free Bagels that are also Vegan and dairyfree. Before going practically glutenfree (I cheat a bit here and there) for my son, my absolute favorite food in the entire world was a bagel with cream cheese
Cottage Pie Recipe – dairyfree, soya free, wheat free, egg free, glutenfree. As many people with cow’s milk protein allergy have multiple allergies I thought it would be good to share my new dairy, soya, wheat & glutenfree cottage pie recipe and if it is only dairy you need to avoid then you might like how I make our delicious creamy mash – recipe below
So while mini me was having his afternoon nap I whipped up this delicious dairy, soya, wheat, gluten & nut free victoria sponge cake and as it’s nearly Christmas I have added some little snowflakes to get us in the festive spirit