1. Place the washed meat with 1.5l water in a pot over high heat. Add 1/2 of the salt. When this is boiling keep an eye and collect all the foam that forms at the top of the water. Allow to boil for about 20 min covered.
2. Meanwhile, peel, wash and chop all vegetables.
3. Add all chopped veggies to the meat and boil covered for an extra 15-20 minutes.
4. In the last 3 minutes of boiling, add the pasta, allow 3 min to boil and turn the heat off. Allow the soup to rest covered for an extra 10 min before serving.
5. Chop some parsley and sprinkle over before eating.
6. Very simple, you see, I told you!
Its extremely colourful, quite filling and very warming. The shopping trip last night yielded some beetroot from the reduced section at a price that couldn't be refused, and as a result i decided to reunite with an old love - beetroot soup
To make Hearty chickensoup with vegetables and rice. So apron donned I made him this delicious simple chicken broth, filled it with a handful of veges, a good serving of chicken, not forgetting the carbs (some rice)